Sunday, September 20, 2009

Jeff Foxworthy on Capable Kids

I knew I really liked Jeff Foxworthy. Here's a quote from him in today's Parade Magazine:

I’ve learned a lot from working with the kids themselves. For starters, I’ve learned that they’re much more capable than we believe they are. We’re probably the most overprotective generation of parents that’s ever been on this planet, but I’ve found that if you turn a group of kids loose in the outdoors, they learn to work together. They learn how to build forts and solve problems, like, How do we cross this ditch or this creek? That’s how we all find out what we’re capable of. Best of all, they figure out how to entertain themselves without electricity. Amazing!

I have to agree. So, let's give them more freedom outside.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bravo, what words..., a remarkable idea